
Last week my parents took the kids and I to Donner Lake to spend a week in a cabin with my brother and my two neices. Bad news first. Day two my camera was stolen from the beach at the lake. It was taken right behind us when nobody was looking. I was so upset because I had all of my memory cards in the bag and lots of great pictures stored on them. That night my brother drove me 1 1/2 hours to the nearest best buy and I bought another camera and memory card. I took some really great pictures throughout that week, about 100 and three really great videos of Baylee dancing. Today I tried to load them on the computer and there was an error and it caused my disk to need reformating, which erases all of the pictures. I took it to a camera store to make sure but that is all I could do. I am so upset about all this digital drama, I just want my pictures. Anyways we had a good trip up to Donner. All accept for poor Rebecca was sick the whole time with horrible pink eye and high fever. We all felt so bad for her. While we were there we went to the beach on the lake, swam and took a paddle boat ride. My dad and I took the kids to Squaw Valley one day. We rode the gondola to the top which they call high camp, there they have a resort with a pool, jacuzzi and ice skating rink. We all swam and later went on a beautiful hike to big patches of snow which had not melted yet in the hot 88 degrees. The kids had lots of fun walking through the big fields of flowers, having snowball fights and building a snowman. On Sunday we watched my brother as he competed in a triathalon of about 500 people. I believe he came in 6th in his age division. He is an amazing athelete. So we are all just going to have to use are imaginations to visualize all of this, as I did at one time have a picture of just about everything that we did. The kids even made me take pics of all the cool bugs that they found. Well it is good that we all made it home safetly. Although Baylee seems to have caught the virus from Rebecca. She has had a 104 fever and pukes all day. She says she is very sick and horrible and she doesn't want to feel like this any more. Hopefully she will feel better soon.

2 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about your camera ordeal. Baylee I hope you feel better soon.
I usually freak out when random peopel comment on my blog. I'm a friend of Lila's . . . so now you know me. I'm so sorry to hear about you losing all of your pictures. Somebody stole our video camera while we were on vacation last week and it had a tape of our son's birth in it. I hope these people are looking at our video/pictures and feeling HORRIBLE.
Post a Comment