Thursday, February 11, 2010

She is now 8lbs 14oz




We finally got Lorelei's Synagis shot yesterday. Since she is over 7lbs now they have to go with the larger dose. Which doubles our out of pocket expense to $430.00. It is amazing how much they can charge for one single injection. She will get one more next month (if we can get approval from the insurance company again) and then she is done for this season. She really hated the shot. She cried so hard that she lost her voice in the end. After a couple minutes she was fine again and now we are a little more relaxed that she has a little layer of protection against RSV. The doctor says that this years RSV season is really bad. This won't completely protect her but it will help and if she does get it, it should be less devastating.
I bought the moby wrap the other day. She really seems enjoy it. Now I can have my hands free for some of the day.
Yesterday I gave Asher a haircut. I think it actually turned out pretty good for someone who knows nothing about cutting hair. I figure he would never allow someone at a salon to cut it.
Today my mom is going back home. I really hope I can survive without her. It has been really great having her here. She stays up late with me and gets up early with the kids. I am going to be really lonely these late nights without her. "Come back soon Mom!!!". Thanks for all your help. I love you!!!!

2 comments:

juneheller said...

I love your groovy moby wrap!

Anonymous said...

We went out to dinner last night and saw 2 newborn babies with their parents. They were at the adjoining tables. Little Samuel (7 weeks) was the 4th baby and when we asked where his siblings were they jokingly said they had been traded in for puppies. I think I am destined to see every newborn in Reno in case I might have a momentary memory lapse. Miss you all.
Love Nana