Saturday, March 06, 2010

3 months old




Lorelei is now 3 months old. She has been doing great despite the horrible cough she got last week. Since she is a preemie we ended up going to the doctor twice and having a chest x ray done at the hospital. It ended up that there is no infection so that is great. When I took her to the hospital for the x ray it was just Asher and I. So during the x ray I had to hold her sitting up to take the picture so Asher had to go in the other room with the tech who was this young guy who said to me that he felt weird carrying my car seat because he has no children yet. Anyways, of course when it came time for Asher to follow him, there was no way in this world he or I was going to convince him to go. So I told the guy it was OK to just grab him, we had no other choice. Asher started screaming and the tech had to carry him back like that to push the button. I felt so bad for this guy because I knew it made him feel really awkward. The whole thing was pretty funny in the end. I think it made the tech really nervous because he ended up marking the left side of the chest the right and my doctor called me to say that she could have an abnormality of the heart in which it is located in the wrong side of the chest. I wasn't home and he just left a message for me to call back about something with the x ray. By the time I got the message they had already sent for her prior x rays from the nicu (she has had well over 20 now) and they were able to compare and realized the mistake. Thank god, we really don't need anything else right now.
So back to Lorelei being 3 months. She is still just like a newborn since her adjusted age is just 4 weeks. She has yet to really smile at us although I see it coming soon. She is now 10 lbs 1 oz. She is getting so big. She is a great eater and a pretty good sleeper. I have been able to put her down a lot more now. I try to get her to sleep in her cradle when we first go to bed and she will stay there about 3 hours then she starts grunting and wiggling and I bring her into bed to nurse and she ends up staying there until morning.
The end of last month grandma was here with us. It was so nice to have her here. The kids had so much fun playing games and reading books with her. I loved having someone to stay up with me again and all the help with the dishes, laundry, driving, etc. etc.. Thank you Sharron for all your help, we hope to see you soon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So happy that Lorelei is OK. She certainly has had her share of x-rays. Hope Asher and the tech are over their trauma by now. Miss you all.
Mom