After 42 days in the NICU Lorelei is home. Yesterday was the big day and the kids were so excited as were Jeff and I. Asher came running to us when we pulled up in the car. When he saw her in the car seat he started yelling "my baby Lorelie, baby in mommies tummy". He was so happy. Baylee and Riley could not wait to finally get to hold her. After they were done, Asher said "now it's my turn". I am so happy to have her finally here. Last night was a little rough due to her getting use to being home and many false alarms from the monitor. Today she is doing really great. It is a little hard getting use to a baby that has specific times and measurments for all her meds, hooking her up to a monitor if we leave the room and just having a baby that is so small. But I am sure we will get the hang of it. The cutest thing that she does right now is to suck her thumb. She must have picked that one up in the NICU.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
She's Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After 42 days in the NICU Lorelei is home. Yesterday was the big day and the kids were so excited as were Jeff and I. Asher came running to us when we pulled up in the car. When he saw her in the car seat he started yelling "my baby Lorelie, baby in mommies tummy". He was so happy. Baylee and Riley could not wait to finally get to hold her. After they were done, Asher said "now it's my turn". I am so happy to have her finally here. Last night was a little rough due to her getting use to being home and many false alarms from the monitor. Today she is doing really great. It is a little hard getting use to a baby that has specific times and measurments for all her meds, hooking her up to a monitor if we leave the room and just having a baby that is so small. But I am sure we will get the hang of it. The cutest thing that she does right now is to suck her thumb. She must have picked that one up in the NICU.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I am so happy for you guys!!!! I am so glad to hear that she is home! Love you guys:)
Congratulations on having Lorelei home with the family :)
I'm so happy for all of you! I know Lorelei must be glad to be home too. I guess Papa took the picture? Now your family looks complete and everyone looks just great.
Love,
Nana
We are so glad she is home!!!! God bless you all!!!
A happy party of 6 at home at last!
Everyone looks so wonderful!
Hang in there :)
Stacey
To the happy family,
I'm so excited for you all. Lorelei is so beautiful and the kids look so happy to finally have her home. I had dinner with your dad tonight and he said she is just perfect and the kids are so excited, especially Asher!! She is going to be just fine and you are the perfect family for her. God has a plan for her, and you!
Alice
That's great news! I thought of you, Lisa, when some of us from Kelly's class met at the park yesterday. I saw this post and am so happy for you all.
-Kristie (Emmy's mom)
Post a Comment