At our first doctors appointment three days after discharge from the NICU they discovered that Lorelei may have a hernia. We took her to see a surgeon the next day and she confirmed. She had surgery the next day where they repaired two inguinal hernias with ovaries and fallopian tubes protruding and an umbilical hernia. All went well and she got to come home the same day. Two days later she was spitting up a bit too much and hadn't had a stool in over 34 hours and had a temp of 100. We took her to the ER where we spent the next four hours. While we were there she let it all go in her diaper and her temp went down. The next day I missed the last step at the bottom of our stairs and hurt my ankle pretty bad. Luckily my ankle took all the damage and she didn't even notice the fall. I waited it out until the next day and even then it was still very painful. So last night my dad took me to the ER and we waited a couple hours. Good news is that there is no break, just a bad sprain. They wrapped it up, put on a splint and gave me crutches. The last couple of days have been really hard not being able to get around. I am ready for all this drama to end. Today Lorelei had her check up at the surgeons office. She said that everything looks like it is healing great. She is also getting big. She now weighs in at 6lbs 12oz. Hopefully this week will be uneventful. My birthday is next week and my friends and I are going out for brunch and a foot massage. Hopefully I will get half off the foot massage :). Lucky for me that the foot massage also includes back, arms, legs and head. (Although you have to say no to the head massage because they scratch your head like you have lice and then they stick their fingers in your ears, very strange, maybe in China that is OK but not here). I will try and put more pics up tomorrow. I really haven't been taking many of her. Every time I put her down to take one she gets upset and starts crying. She loves to be held. She also loves to sleep right next to me. It is great for nursing and sleeping at the same time. I did it with all the kids so I feel comfortable with it. Although some nights you just want to be able to roll around and not be stuck in one position. She seems like she is completely asleep and I put her in the co sleeper and she starts to cry. I always try to calm her with the pacifier or put my hand on her, but she won't stop crying. I end up having to take her out and put her next to me and she stops crying and goes back to sleep. That's alright, I think she deserves to be a little spoiled.
Monday, January 18, 2010
Surgery
At our first doctors appointment three days after discharge from the NICU they discovered that Lorelei may have a hernia. We took her to see a surgeon the next day and she confirmed. She had surgery the next day where they repaired two inguinal hernias with ovaries and fallopian tubes protruding and an umbilical hernia. All went well and she got to come home the same day. Two days later she was spitting up a bit too much and hadn't had a stool in over 34 hours and had a temp of 100. We took her to the ER where we spent the next four hours. While we were there she let it all go in her diaper and her temp went down. The next day I missed the last step at the bottom of our stairs and hurt my ankle pretty bad. Luckily my ankle took all the damage and she didn't even notice the fall. I waited it out until the next day and even then it was still very painful. So last night my dad took me to the ER and we waited a couple hours. Good news is that there is no break, just a bad sprain. They wrapped it up, put on a splint and gave me crutches. The last couple of days have been really hard not being able to get around. I am ready for all this drama to end. Today Lorelei had her check up at the surgeons office. She said that everything looks like it is healing great. She is also getting big. She now weighs in at 6lbs 12oz. Hopefully this week will be uneventful. My birthday is next week and my friends and I are going out for brunch and a foot massage. Hopefully I will get half off the foot massage :). Lucky for me that the foot massage also includes back, arms, legs and head. (Although you have to say no to the head massage because they scratch your head like you have lice and then they stick their fingers in your ears, very strange, maybe in China that is OK but not here). I will try and put more pics up tomorrow. I really haven't been taking many of her. Every time I put her down to take one she gets upset and starts crying. She loves to be held. She also loves to sleep right next to me. It is great for nursing and sleeping at the same time. I did it with all the kids so I feel comfortable with it. Although some nights you just want to be able to roll around and not be stuck in one position. She seems like she is completely asleep and I put her in the co sleeper and she starts to cry. I always try to calm her with the pacifier or put my hand on her, but she won't stop crying. I end up having to take her out and put her next to me and she stops crying and goes back to sleep. That's alright, I think she deserves to be a little spoiled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hang in there, I know it's tough. I'll be down soon.
Love,
Mom
Do you have a baby wrap to take some of the strain off of you holding her all day? I'm sure you have one by now after having all of those babies : )
I came to love my Moby wrap with Dylan.
I'm glad she's doing better and sorry to hear that it was so stressful around your house this week. I know it's tough to deal with, worrying about the baby, getting injured, trying to keep up with the day-to-day mommy business.
It will get better.
I am glad to hear you went to the Dr. about your ankle. So glad to hear it is not broken. Make sure to take care of yourself:)
Post a Comment