Today Lorelei is two weeks old. I went to the hospital this afternoon while Jeff was at work and my dad watched the kids. She was doing great while I was there. Her oxygen intake was the best ever so they put her level at room air. She is still getting a little help from the air pressure, but hopefully soon they can start weening that too. Her feedings are still not going so great. I need to call again tonight to see how the last feeding went. She is still getting lots of air in her belly and some residuals. If her intestines start to work better she would be feeling so much better. Tonight she was so alert. She was looking all around the room and at me. She is such a little cutie. I wish the kids could see her in person. I think it is so hard for them to just hear about her and see pictures. I know they are really wanting to finally meet her and hold her in their arms. Whenever Asher sees a picture of her he says "baby in mommies tummy". We say "that's Lorelei". He just says again "no, that's baby in mommy's tummy".
Saturday, December 12, 2009
2 Weeks Old
Today Lorelei is two weeks old. I went to the hospital this afternoon while Jeff was at work and my dad watched the kids. She was doing great while I was there. Her oxygen intake was the best ever so they put her level at room air. She is still getting a little help from the air pressure, but hopefully soon they can start weening that too. Her feedings are still not going so great. I need to call again tonight to see how the last feeding went. She is still getting lots of air in her belly and some residuals. If her intestines start to work better she would be feeling so much better. Tonight she was so alert. She was looking all around the room and at me. She is such a little cutie. I wish the kids could see her in person. I think it is so hard for them to just hear about her and see pictures. I know they are really wanting to finally meet her and hold her in their arms. Whenever Asher sees a picture of her he says "baby in mommies tummy". We say "that's Lorelei". He just says again "no, that's baby in mommy's tummy".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What beautiful pictures Lisa; Lorelei is gorgeous. Congratulations!
Lisa, I love the updates. Lorelei had changed so much. She is so beautiful!
These pictures are amazing!
Post a Comment