Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Welcome Lorelei Christine




Saturday November 28, 2009 at 32 weeks gestation, Lorelei Christine came into this world.
She is a beautiful, sweet and strong little fighter. We are giving her all our love and prayers so she can come home soon. It is so hard to be without her. The day after Thanksgiving I noticed that she was no longer moving inside of me. We were in San Diego at the time and went to a hospital out there. Unfortunately the doctor missed what was really happening with her and we were discharged. Luckily my amazing OB called me because she heard I was in the hospital. When I told her about the test results and how I was feeling she had Jeff rush me to our hospital. Within a short time they were doing a emergency c-section to get her out. We were suffering from an abrupted placenta. She lost 80% of her blood inside me. She came out lifeless and completely white. It took over two hours to stabilize her. It will take some time to know the effects of the blood loss and trauma of the birth but we are remaining hopefull and just concentrating on loving her. I was discharged tonight and she is in the NICU with the best nurses and doctors. I just pray, hope and plead that she can be here with us soon. I haven't been able to hold her yet but hopefully soon. They have been planning on taking her breathing tube out to see how she does but it keeps getting set back because she is getting periods of apnea. Today was the first time they put breast milk in her feeding tube so hopefully soon she can be taken off the IV nutrition. I will update as much as I can. Just send her prayers and positive thoughts. I also want to thank all of our wonderful family and friends. I have never had a community come together like this for our family. I love you all. And thank you to the grandparents who have stepped in to support our kids here at home and help us out in so many ways.

2 comments:

juneheller said...

Oh, Lisa, I can only imagine how hard it must be to go home at night. I will keep little Lorelei in my prayers, she's beautiful.

Welcome to the world Lorelei Christine!

Scott and Sarah said...

Our prayers & positive thoughts are with you.