The last two days have been really great for our baby girl. Thursday morning they extubated her, so she is no longer on the ventilator. The next thing for her is to be on the CPAP, which is continuous positive air pressure. It is a tube placed over her nose that creates air pressure and keeps her lungs open. She is breathing on her own now and she is much more comfortable without the tube down her throat. With the tube in her throat she was in a lot of pain and she seemed really uncomfortable. Now she is resting peacefully and hasn't had apnea since they took it out. While I was there they were changing her mask so I got my first glimpse of her face. She is so beautiful. Now for the best news of all- Today, Friday, I was able to hold her for the first time. It was so amazing. I wanted to hold her all night. She was resting in my arms so peacefully and seemed to be responding to my voice. I can't wait to hold her again. I had to put her back in her bed after about 10 minutes because her O2 was starting to fall but just that short time really made my day, maybe even year.
Friday, December 04, 2009
Lorelei Update
The last two days have been really great for our baby girl. Thursday morning they extubated her, so she is no longer on the ventilator. The next thing for her is to be on the CPAP, which is continuous positive air pressure. It is a tube placed over her nose that creates air pressure and keeps her lungs open. She is breathing on her own now and she is much more comfortable without the tube down her throat. With the tube in her throat she was in a lot of pain and she seemed really uncomfortable. Now she is resting peacefully and hasn't had apnea since they took it out. While I was there they were changing her mask so I got my first glimpse of her face. She is so beautiful. Now for the best news of all- Today, Friday, I was able to hold her for the first time. It was so amazing. I wanted to hold her all night. She was resting in my arms so peacefully and seemed to be responding to my voice. I can't wait to hold her again. I had to put her back in her bed after about 10 minutes because her O2 was starting to fall but just that short time really made my day, maybe even year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so glad that she's doing so well. I love that you have a little fighter. Most of all, I am so thankful that you were able to hold her today. I have tears in my eyes, good happy tears for you, Lisa.
Post a Comment