Wednesday, December 16, 2009

18 days old




Just called the nurse on duty for Lorelei tonight and so far she is tolerating her feeds today. She gets fed through a feeding tube and they adjusted the flow to an all day slow feed. All her xrays and GI studies have come back normal, which is really great news. She is receiving so many xrays and so much care that they moved her to another room so it is easier to get the xray machine in and out. This room is so much better because it is a lot more quite and we don't feel so squished in there. Yesterday was not such a great day. They had her off food all day and night because they were getting back green residuals and she was throwing up bile. That is a really bad sign to see in babies of any age especially preemies. That is why the doctor held off her milk for a while and is now giving her this special digested formula and some antibiotics which have a good effect on intestine motility. So far it seems to be working. The doctor says that there are a couple of different tricks they can do to try and jump start her digestive tract. Lets hope this works out for her. I went in this morning to see her and she looked great. She had just had a bath and she was in the best of care with my two favorite nurses, Pedro and Lorelee. You can see why Lorelee likes our Lorelei. They are both really great and I felt good that she was being cared for by them. I can't wait to go see her tomorrow. I just hope and pray that these feedings do the trick. The kids at home seem to be doing good. I try to get home soon after they get out of school so we can have time together. My parents have been so helpful here at the house and with the kids. Asher can't wait to see them in the morning. Today Papa came to our Mommy and Me class. It was our last one for the year. We don't start up again until mid Feb. I know Asher is really going to miss it. Here are a couple of pictures I took of Lorelei yesterday.

2 comments:

The Kellers said...

I am so glad to hear that she is tolerating her feedings. We are praying for you guys. Thanks for keeping us updated. I know you have a lot on your plate right now.

Love,
Lila

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa and Jeff,
I just wanted you to know that I have you and your family on the prayer chain at my church. I love you guys and I am praying for all of you. Love ya, Ellen Murray