


Today we got to hold our sweet girl again. For the last two days they haven't let us hold her because her tummy was not holding down the formula or breast milk. Last night they took her off all feedings to give it a rest. Tomorrow they are going to be doing more belly x rays to see what is going on. They said that she has been a little upset since they took away the milk. Hopefully tomorrow they will find nothing wrong and resume the feedings. Sometimes it is only a matter of maturity of the gut. I really hope that is all it is.
Yesterday we had quite a scare with Baylee. After being at the hospital during the day I got home in time to take the kids to their school to get the H1N1 vaccine. On our way to the car after they both got their shot, Baylee fell to her knees saying she felt sick and dizzy. I helped her back into the cafeteria where the nurses were. She looked terrible, she went sort of green to white and sweaty. She couldn't walk any more and laid on the floor. The nurses came over and put her on the bench with her feet up and called 911. I was so afraid for her. The paramedics, police, fire dept. all came of coarse. They ran all the tests on her and everything came out good, so in the end we declined transport. So it was either some reaction to the shot or just a reaction of being so scared inside about getting the shot. Either way she is better. I am not sure how I am ever going to convince her again about getting another shot anytime soon. She was so brave at the time. I was so proud of her. I think she was just internalizing it all.
So tomorrow Jeff is off and we can spend some time together with the kids and go and see Lorelei again. Keep her in your prayers about her x ray tomorrow and that she takes on to digesting milk soon.

3 comments:
Yay, I am so glad that you guys got to hold her. Keep the updates coming. We'll be praying for her.
Lisa and Jeff~
I didn't know that you had another baby...or maybe I did. My postpartum brain is crap. : )
I am praying for Lorelei. What a fighter. Go girl, go! Go girl, go! Prayers also go out for you and Jeff and your other kids. Peace be all around you.
Warmly, Erin Wurtemberg
Baylee's incident sounds like a reaction to having a shot. Poor little thing must have been scared. It's nice you got to hold Lorelei again and I'm praying for her continued gains. The photos are precious.
Post a Comment