Today was yet another great day. I feel like everyday there is going to be some sort of set back but Lorelei keeps up her fight. Every time they challenge her with something new she does great. Today Jeff and I went to see her and they had taken off her CPAP and replaced it with high flow nasal cannula. She is tolerating it well. They also removed the IV line from her head and took her off the prophylactic doses of antibiotics because all her test came back negative for infection. We will know next week if her brain bleed is any smaller, so keep good thoughts for that. Now for the best news of all, Daddy got to hold her for the first time. She made it even extra special for him by waking up and looking at us. This is the first time we have seen her awake. It was so amazing. Jeff is on cloud 9. Being able to hold your baby does so much good for the heart and soul. I hope it does the same for her. Before we left tonight the nurse put her in a new bed. Now she can sleep better because she is closed in instead of out on observation. I was feeling sort of sorry for her to be out like that 24 hours a day because the NICU is really noisy and bright. There are so many monitors beeping all the time, people talking, stuff being moved around. So now it makes me feel better to have her sleeping in someplace a little more serene. Pumping has been going great. All the doctors and nurses are suprised by all the milk I am producing. They have so much of mine in the freezer over there that I have to store some here at home now. She is starting to tolerate the milk in her gut a little better now, so that is also encouraging. That is all for now, lets hope for the good news to keep coming. Keep her in your thought and prayers.
Saturday, December 05, 2009
Sweet Baby
Today was yet another great day. I feel like everyday there is going to be some sort of set back but Lorelei keeps up her fight. Every time they challenge her with something new she does great. Today Jeff and I went to see her and they had taken off her CPAP and replaced it with high flow nasal cannula. She is tolerating it well. They also removed the IV line from her head and took her off the prophylactic doses of antibiotics because all her test came back negative for infection. We will know next week if her brain bleed is any smaller, so keep good thoughts for that. Now for the best news of all, Daddy got to hold her for the first time. She made it even extra special for him by waking up and looking at us. This is the first time we have seen her awake. It was so amazing. Jeff is on cloud 9. Being able to hold your baby does so much good for the heart and soul. I hope it does the same for her. Before we left tonight the nurse put her in a new bed. Now she can sleep better because she is closed in instead of out on observation. I was feeling sort of sorry for her to be out like that 24 hours a day because the NICU is really noisy and bright. There are so many monitors beeping all the time, people talking, stuff being moved around. So now it makes me feel better to have her sleeping in someplace a little more serene. Pumping has been going great. All the doctors and nurses are suprised by all the milk I am producing. They have so much of mine in the freezer over there that I have to store some here at home now. She is starting to tolerate the milk in her gut a little better now, so that is also encouraging. That is all for now, lets hope for the good news to keep coming. Keep her in your thought and prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thanks so much for sharing all this with us! You are all in our thoughts and prayers.
Laura and Jeff
Thank you for sharing. She is beautiful. Lorelei and your family have been in our thoughts and prayers. We are so glad you see progress and the power of prayers. We will keep her in our prayers.
Don and Gail (neighbors of your Mom and Dad in Reno)
I am so glad to hear that she is doing so well. Can't wait to meet her:)
Post a Comment